Saturday 4 February 2012

Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model


On the 30th January I was invited to go Britain and Ireland’s Next Top Model. Of course I was super excited but also very nervous. What does one wear when they are going to be in the same room as Elle Macpherson and Britain and Ireland’s next potential super-model? It was a dilemma indeed. The day before I panicked ever so slightly and left the house a complete catastrophe after discarding clothes wherever there was space. However, (with a little help from my friends) I found an outfit.

Prince Cassius, Alex McDonald
and Camilla Gleditsch

We arrived at the destination slightly ahead of schedule so stood outside for a little bit until they were ready. It was very cold but they thoughtfully brought out tea and coffee to warm the cockles. We were also obliged to sign a confidentiality form (hence why you may find this blog slightly more vague than my usual).



Before we entered a camera crew came out, whilst I was having a brew, and interviewed us about our expectations of this season and if we thought the new winner could possibly be as wonderful as last year’s winner Jade Thompson- after seeing the girls, I’m optimistic!
Last year's winner
Jade Thompson

On entering the destination we were, very kindly, presented with a Britain and Ireland’s Next Top Model bottle of Bucks Fizz. Not only this, I wasn’t frowned upon when, on leaving, I put one in my bag for later! We took our seats along the runway and waited for the show to start. We had time to fully take in our surroundings- I was rather surprised at the vast amount of kit (camera crews, lighting etc.). T’was very exciting.

Here is where it starts to get vague. The beautiful Elle Macpherson entered the room and took her pew at the end of the catwalk and the gorgeous finalists made their way down the catwalk and introduced themselves to everybody and Elle. I’ve already picked my favourites and can’t wait to see how they progress.
I had a wonderful day. This season is set to be very exciting, Make sure you watch!  

No comments:

Post a Comment