Wednesday 11 January 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011 was brilliant. It was spent in my new flat; I was as stuffed as the turkey, spent it with the people who matter most to me and was spoilt rotten.
I received some fabulous gifts.
Our Christmas Tree

At the beginning of November, I went to Fashion Press Week. Here I met James Lakeland and saw much of his Spring/Summer Collection for 2012. There were so many beautiful clothes but there was one dress in particular that I fell in love with. Try as I might I could not find it on any website, which was indeed very sad. Luckily, I managed to speak to Head Office via Twitter (don’t you just love social networking) who found the dress I love and sent it to my closest store, which was just down the road. Thank you James Lakeland for making my beautiful dress and thank you Mum for buying me it.

Having slightly over-indulged over Christmas I’m not going to show a picture of me wearing my dress just yet, instead I will put this picture up of a model wearing it, so you can get a vague idea of how great I’d look in it, hehe.
Some girl wearing
my dress
When going shopping I quite often do something that you shouldn’t do. I have an idea in my head of exactly what I want but 9 times out of 10, I haven’t seen it anywhere- I just fabricate it. Therefore I am usually very upset that some designer out there hasn’t been able to read my mind, which I know is quite unfair.

Anyway, I wanted a brown leather jacket with a fur collar. I’d seen a few dotted about but none that I actually liked. My boyfriend and I went shopping to find something for him to get me for Christmas and lo and behold I found my perfect jacket within 20 minutes of looking (this never happens to me!). Not only that, it was in the sale! Needless to say, that jacket was under our tree come Christmas day.
My new leather jacket
from Oasis

On the lead up to Christmas, the boy and I went shopping on Oxford Street thinking if we’re going to find something for each other, we’ll surely find it there. We both walked into Swatch together and straight away I knew what I was going to get him. It was easy. I wasn’t aware that he had walked in there thinking the exact same thing. Christmas day came and we both had a swatch box. I got him a ‘smoky blue full-blooded swatch watch and he got me a light blue reel bangle bracelet.
My boyfriend's new watch

My new bracelet

Just before Christmas, I saw a handbag that I needed to get but it was a tad on the expensive side so for Christmas I asked for a contribution towards it. It is from Aspinal of London and is the Barbarella bag in purple patent. I haven't managed to acquire all the funds to buy it yet but will show you a picture so you can see how pretty it is.
Aspinal of London
Purple Barbarella bag.

Hope you all had a great Christmas, that you all got spoilt too and spent it with special people. Loves. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment