Saturday 14 January 2012

New Year's Resolutions 2012

Think it is fair to say that I have made a very poor effort so far this year. My New Year’s resolutions are always very similar and I usually last about a month before I let them slide. This year, however, was completely different- I didn’t even start them. I thought about them and that’s about as far as I got. Don’t get me wrong I had good intentions. I bought a cross-trainer but so far that has been used as a clothes horse. I thought about healthy eating and drinking less but there was so much chocolate and booze left over from Christmas which I simply could not let go to waste.
Betty the bear guarder

Yum!
 The one resolution I made that I have actually kept up with is making more of an effort to send cards to my friends and family for Christmas, birthdays and anniversaries etc. At the age of 23 I feel it’s about time. But I’ve even failed slightly on this point, my poor cousin, Katie, whose birthday was 1st January missed out… (I didn’t buy all my cards for January until the 3rd). So Happy Belated Birthday Katie!
Birthday Girl!

The reason I’m writing about all these failures is because I intend to start my New Year’s resolution year from today and if I express this publically, I may have more of a chance of succeeding. So, I intend to...

- Use my cross-trainer for exercise, not an extension of my wardrobe
- No more weekly Pizza Hut’s or daily multi-packs of chocolate
- Continue sending cards
- Spend more time with friends and family
- Write more

1.   
My new, as of yet un-used
cross-trainer

Good luck in your resolutions, if you made any. Hope you haven’t been as useless as me and have a great 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment